The programme for the 6IWRP is now available. Click here to download the full technical programme. Hours are shown in Central European Summer Time (CEST). For further information about the venues, please visit this link: https://lameroc.eu/venue/
The time allotted for each oral presentation is 20 minutes (15 min presentation + 5 min Q&A), with the exception of the session ‘Challenging Gassmann’s theory’ in which there will be two presentations of 25 minutes each. During the poster session, authors will have the opportunity to present a short pitch (3-5 minutes) to summarize their works, and afterwards they will be requested to stand next to their posters to discuss and answer questions from interested participants.
1. EXPERIMENTAL ROCK PHYSICS. New techniques, approaches and applications; Characterization of the static and dynamic properties of rocks and fluids; Multiphysics measurements (NMR, electrical resistivity…); Deep/crustal scale rock physics.
2. MODELLING AND MULTISCALE APPLICATIONS: FROM THE LAB TO THE FIELD. Numerical analysis and model development; Data science applications; Upscaling; Microsismicity and earthquakes; Subsurface stresses and tectonic deformations.
3. CHALLENGING GASSMANN’S THEORY.
4. COUPLED PHENOMENA AND ROCK PROPERTIES: EXPLORING INTERACTIONS. Anisotropy; Flow and fractures; Temperature effects; Rock-fluid interaction; Fluid and pressure effects on geophysical signatures.
5. THE ENERGY TRANSITION CHALLENGE. Applications to energy storage (hydrogen storage in porous media), geothermal resources, energy production (gas hydrates), geological utilization and storage of CO2, nuclear waste disposal.
6. ROCK PHYSICS TEMPLATES: ADVANCES AND APPLICATIONS. Quantitative assessment; Applications to reservoir characterization (role of seismic wave anisotropy and fracture networks).
7. ADVANCED ROCK PHYSICS TOOLS. Machine learning; Application of imaging (X-ray CT, X-ray microCT, FIB-SEM…) to obtain rock properties.
The Book of Abstracts of the 6IWRP can be downloaded through this link.
During the 6iWRP we have planned the following social events to allow you to network with colleagues and enjoy your stay in A Coruña:
- Monday, June 13 (16:00): A Coruña city tour. Meeting point: Rectorado (Universidade da Coruña).
- Monday, June 13 (19:00): Ice-breaker at ‘Cervecería Estrella de Galicia’. There will be a shuttle bus at 18:45 departing from Puerta Real (‘6IWRP’ sign). Return trip is scheduled at 21:30.
- Wednesday, June 15 (15:00): Half-day trip to Santiago de Compostela. Meeting point: Faculty of Law (Universidade da Coruña).
- Thursday, June 16 (19:00): Gala dinner at ‘Árbore da Veira‘. There will be a shuttle bus at 18:45 departing from Puerta Real (‘6IWRP’ sign).
- Friday, June 17 (14.10): Visit to CITEEC (Center for Technological Innovation in Construction and Civil Engineering) laboratories (https://www.udc.es/citeec/index-en.html). Meeting point: School of Civil Engineering.
Please take into account that the number of visitors to CITEEC labs is limited to 25 people. In case that you would like to participate in this visit, contact the Organizing Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place (they will be secured on a first come, first serve basis).