1. EXPERIMENTAL ROCK PHYSICS. New techniques, approaches and applications; Characterization of the static and dynamic properties of rocks and fluids; Multiphysics measurements (NMR, electrical resistivity…); Deep/crustal scale rock physics.
2. COUPLED PHENOMENA AND ROCK PROPERTIES: EXPLORING INTERACTIONS. Anisotropy; Flow and fractures; Temperature effects; Rock-fluid interaction; Fluid and pressure effects on geophysical signatures.
3. MODELLING, MACHINE LEARNING AND MULTISCALE APPLICATIONS: FROM THE LAB TO THE FIELD. Numerical analysis and model development; Data science applications; Upscaling; Microsismicity and earthquakes; Subsurface stresses and tectonic deformations.
4. ROCK PHYSICS TEMPLATES: ADVANCES AND APPLICATIONS. Quantitative assessment; Applications to reservoir characterization (role of seismic wave anisotropy and fracture networks).
5. DIGITAL ROCK PHYSICS. Application of imaging (X-ray CT, X-ray microCT, FIB-SEM, thin sections…) to obtain rock properties.
6. THE ENERGY TRANSITION CHALLENGE. Applications to energy storage (hydrogen storage in porous media), geothermal resources, energy production (gas hydrates, thermosolar), geological utilization and storage of CO2, nuclear waste disposal.
We will be soon announcing the details of the 6IWRP scientific and social programmes.